Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week and a Half Left

Still not having crazy cravings.

I actually like a lot of the foods I am eating and realized the other day that I am not missing the whole grains that are non-existent during this program.

Lots of veggies, some fruit and lots of healthy fats and proteins.

I love it:)

And I'm sure if I wasn't seeing results it would be much more difficult to 'love' it.

Something I have learned about myself is that like many others I had a fear of fats, even the healthy ones.

In this program I'm eating more fats than I ever have and it is having the opposite effect that I expected.

Now I knew it wasn't the fats that were making me fat but I got sucked into the media and misconception that fats are the culprit of causing us to hold on to the body fat so many of us struggle with.

It isn't quite that simple.

There are a lot of factors. Quality nutrition is at the top of that list.
Poor carbohydrate choices and portions are also an issue.
The other biggie is overeating.

It's funny but I used to have trouble with snacking at night and I still do snack from time to time. However, the big difference is that I don't reach for the carbohydrates like I used to.

Instead I look for fat and protein combinations to satisfy my snacking and the choices I now make are supportive ones, meaning they are healthy.

I didn't expect to learn something with this program but it is always a plus. I guess I was a little naieve (did I spell that right?) to think I wouldn't learn anything.

No comments: