Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Temptations

They are really everywhere.

I had my first close call the past few days.

My mother in law had come up to visit and she cooks like your typical mid-westerner: butter, crisco, hold everything else.

Of course I'm being sarcastic, but she cooked for my wife all weekend and there were always left overs. So I was tempted beyond belief in my own house.

The house in which I have 'bulletproofed' from these temptations. But what do you say to someone who refuses to listen?

The way I look at it is that this weekends challenge has made me stronger in the long run so that I will be able to say no easier. This weekend I think my wife and I will be going out to eat for our cheat meal. You know what that means... no ice cream!

Just when you surpass one challenge, another comes along. I guess that is life!

No comments: